Sunday 15 July 2012

10 things to cheer me up: Part 1!

Okay, so recently I've been a little down (well not recently, it's verging on a very long time) but in the past two weeks I have suffered with two bouts of food poisoning which have basically made me feel very rubbish and subsequently (or as I have found out today) made me loose a bit of weight. So I thought instead of contemplating the rubbish happenings in my life I'd be positive and think about all the good things/ things I need to look forward too.

1) The first thing I think of is in fact this blog itself, I'm really excited about writing a blog, and although I have no experience writing blogs (unless you count a few childish failures) I think it'll be fun to be able to put effort into something like this. I'm quite optimistic about it, and hopefully I can regularly write posts.

2) Quite soon I'm going on holiday on a cruise with my grandmother to the Mediterranean, and when I mean soon I mean soon. In like a week. At the moment I'm just hoping I'll be healthy enough not to feel completely worried about the travelling and everything, but I know it's going to be amazing. I've only ever been on holiday to Spain never mind on a cruise, and I'm bloody excited. It's going to be heaven (though I don't know how happy I am about loosing my new found love of pale-ness, why not embrace it?).

3) I've got so many lovely and new clothes for my holiday and although I'm not allowed to wear them as they're being saved for holiday they are just beautifull and I am incredibly lucky that I have such a caring and giving family who buy me such lovely things. We took advantage of the sales, and brought some amazing things. (I know it's not clothes but I bought the most beautiful beautiful wedges ever in the entire world from Next).

4) Recently a girl on tumblr started talking to me and It's made me very happy to know I have at least one person to talk to if I'm not feeling that great or just want to discuss things that are happening, what books we're reading and stuff like that. It's just nice to talk to a new person and get to know them.

5) After receiving an email about the Illamasqua sale I was straight to the site, and looking through what I could save buying in the sale, I was very impressed. (I think the Illamasqua sale is still on). I then went on to order two eyeliners, a body oil type hilighter-y thing, a kabuki brush, a foundation and a blending brush all considerably cheaper than if I have bought them at retail price. Unfortunately I think I may have made the categorical mistake of ordering it twice (Oh god) so if so I will be giving some to my mum for her birthday and obviously my Grandmother who Is very kind and generous.

6) Another order! This time Boots, just for the essential things I need for my holiday (as well as two treats spent with points). A cooling spray to make sure I don't die in the heat, Two liquid eyeliners (one half price) just because I am dangerously close to running out of my current one, A posh mascara (for evenings) And a Real Techniques Brush set (as mine is a year old and pretty much ruined). With the points I got myself the Dr Jart BB cream which I've heard a lot about and seen as it supposedly adapts to your skin colour I'm going to be glad of it when my skins changing colour due to being tanned, and a Collection 2000 powder just for the sake of I don't want my face to drip off in the heat.

7) Ok I'm struggling a bit to think of things now but It just occurred to me something I am going to be very glad of. Unfortunately our fridge and freezer were not working sufficiently at all and consequently food poisoning occurred. We've now got new ones and hopefully, (i repeat hopefully) I wont be eating anything dodgy from now on and my health (even usually a bit crappy) will be a lot better. Such a weird one, but still it makes sense to me.

8) Upcoming orders! My mum's agreed to buy a few last little things I need for the holiday and I'm very excited about getting those things just so I'll be completely ready (and a little tanned) for my holiday!

(this will be continued in a second post)

No comments:

Post a Comment