Thursday 16 August 2012

July/ August Empties!





I've watched a fair few Empties videos on youtube so I just thought I'd do a post about a few products I've ran out of (eek!) recently. Horrible that all my face products ran out at the same time, mind, and they're not the cheapest products in the entire world I can tell you that.

Laura mercier Mineral Powder
Just beautiful. I really can't comprehend going back to liquid foundations after using this foundation, It's amazing, not heavy at all and leaves a glow that you definitely can't obtain with any powder I've ever used. Can't see myself ever straying away from it. I use the colour "Soft Porcelain" which is a lovely match for my pale skin, and buff it in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It retails at £31, but lasts a fair few months.

MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Simply the best concealer I have ever used. Covers like a dream, stays put, makes skin look flawless, it's just perfect. I use it with my Real Techniques stippling brush, to add extra coverage where I need it. I use the colour NW20 and it retails at the price of £14.50

Collection Concealer

I use this underneath my Laura Mercier foundation as a sort of base and to brighten up under my eyes and to hilight parts of my face as it's a lighter colour. I couldn't get on with this product for a long time but I really like it after finding a way of using it that I like. I wouldn't say it was full coverage but It's good coverage without being too heavy on the skin which I detest. It's cheap as chips too, and retails at around £5!

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

I adore this product and couldn't be without it now that I've found it. I spritz it on my brush to help my Collection concealer glide on more effortlessly and when my makeup is finished I spray on a bit of this over the top and it just makes my makeup look fresh and rids any cakiness or areas where powder has gathered. It's a life saver in hot weather, prevents any sweating or running and makes my makeup last. I've heard people say they don't notice any difference when using this but, honestly, without it my makeup is in no way as perfect as when I use this. £19.00

Skindinavia Moisture lock makeup finish

Unfortunately I don't like this product quite as much as I do the Urban Decay version but I must say it is very nice. As it's the moisture lock version it leaves a beautiful glow on the skin but unfortunately as I tend to have considerably oily skin it probably wasn't the right version for me. I just didn't think it was as good as the other and that was disappointing for me, I bought it before The All nighter but that surpassed this product as soon as I bought it. I suppose it's personal preference at the end of the day, there's nothing bad about it, it's just not my favourite. It retails at £14, so I might possibly try a different version more suited to my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment